If you make financial decisions about capital investments …
You need our software!
- Because your decision impacts profitability and GPM.
- Because you need to understand the financial investment impact of combining projects into programs.
- Because you need a level playing field for investment comparisons.
- Because you need cost transparency in the details.
- Because program timeliness impacts cost and cash flow.
Most of All:
- Because you want to minimize risk and be successful!!!
The TEM Modeler captures the orthogonality of organization accounting and product/service delivery. Your accounting roll up directly relates to your organizational structure. Your product and service delivery crosses the organizational boundaries. TEM extends the Activity Based Costing (ABC) paradigm in a unique way that:
- Localizes cost accrual
- Formalizes organizational responsibilities
- Formalizes organizational offerings
- Assures you that the delivery unit cost roll up is traceable to the organizational accounting.
The TEM Modeler provides a pricing module that lets you target specific GPM on a product/service, a group of products/services, or all of your products/services. It also lets you export the result to a spreadsheet. You can commit the results to the database and export to your other business applications. You can apply a discount factor to allow your sales personnel leeway with your clients.
The TEM Modeler lets you look at the investment profile of a single project or multiple projects combined into a single program. Consider, for example five global Information Technology (IT) programs to combine service desks, unify the End User Computing teams, combine the multiple Active Directory efforts, unify the corporate messaging, and centralize the desktop services. The Modeler lets you profile each investment or combine investments into a single profile.
The TEM Modeler lets you consistently describe your programs. The current and future states are identified along with the cost of transformation. The cost of transformation is divided into two parts: development and deployment, each with its own schedule. The various other costs are divided into three parts: those that occur at the front end, those at the back end and those that occur during the project/program execution. The result is an accurate financial view of the project/program.
Ever wondered how the product/service costs were determined? Our methodology provides the answer! Each cost contribution can be peeled back to display sources and amounts. The sources may be nested services/processes, resources, or work. No matter the source, the referencing product/service identifies its demand and accrued cost. A complete picture at your fingertips.
You know which programs you want to choose, but what if one or more are early late? The TEM Modeler software gives you investment and cash flow impact on one or multiple programs! Simply choose which projects will be included, select the delivery timeliness and you receive instant feedback. Each cash flow curve is accompanied by an investment profile showing ROI, IRR, NPV of the hurdle rate, and cumulative benefit.
Are you looking at opportunities in the current economic environment? The opportunities are there. The challenges are in realizing the expected value. Time is critical — and there is never enough. Opportunistic windows never last long enough and instinct should always be financially quantified. Imagine if you could create an analysis of what the opportunity might look and how you want it to fit operationally. How will you compare possible organic growth vs. acquisition scenarios?
Our TEM Modeler lets you build and compare complex scenarios. Simply use the Modeler's basic building blocks to incrementally add detail. The sky's the limit - the Modeler has been used to model a global insurance company involving a multitude of activities and resources!
TEM Modeler Pro
A business modeling application that provides:
- multiple charts/reports for accurate and meaningful decision making
- a view on current organizational costs and revenues
- a view on current delivery costs that matches the organizational costs
- transformation capabilities allowing rapid development of future states (opportunities)
- investment insight of future state opportunities
- pricing mechanisms letting you target a specific GPM
- unique approach to cost localization
- a forecasting view on client demand
- localization of service/product catalogs as a way to formalize intra-organization delivery
- ... and much more!
The TEM Modeler application uses the following technologies:
- support for MS Access and MS SQL Server databases
- support for up to 1500 activities and 1500 services (Pro Version)
- MS .Net application
- supports 32- and 64- bit environments
- recommend 1920x1080 screen resolution
- recommend MS Excel 2010 or later
- supports MS Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1, and 10
- uses SAP Crystal Reports runtime
The model describes any organization’s performance at the lowest level of work. This enables key decision makers to review the workload and re-balance resources based on the strategic needs of the corporation. The model supports analysis from which a cost rank ordering (Pareto) report is generated.
The report enables decision-making around cost reduction, realignment, governance, efficiency, and other re-engineering opportunities.
The TEM modeler displays the performance data using an activity-based analysis approach. This lets the management team perform one analysis from which many different views are available.
Knowing where you are is the first step to forecasting where you want to go. TEM’s modeling capabilities provide easy top down or bottom up input. Its service modeling let you start with your product/service deliveries ad add detail in an incremental manner. Alternatively, start with your organizational structure and add the resources and work performed. Then cross map to your product/service delivery! The modeler provides insight to responsibilities at all levels and empowers leaders to quickly react to when changes are required.
This product provides the two views on company costs: budgeting and delivery.
The budgeting view provides insight to resource utilization and accrues cost to work units. The technology is very much a derivative of Activity Based Costing, albeit some of the terminology has changed to avoid confusion in certain areas. Furthermore, benefit is gained from the product without having to reengineer the business processes.
The budgeting view starts with the organizational structure and adds work, resources, costs, revenues, cost drivers, and accrual templates. This view is the bottom up construction.
The delivery view shows how costs are allocated to products and services. It also builds on the organizational structure and creates a service delivery view manifested in service catalogs. This is the top down construction.